View Single Post
BobKatt

Member Since Jun 2013
4 hugs
given
Default Jun 30, 2013 at 07:15 PM

I had a hysterectomy two years ago because of very heavy bleeding (later diagnosed as having adenomyosis). I had been having benign cysts repeatedly on one ovary so I let them take that one out. I refused to give up the other ovary.

If you have both ovaries removed you will be thrown right into menopause and of course your sex drive will be diminished and you will have to go on some kind of hormone replacement. Most MDs want to prescribe Premarin. Read about Premarin carefully before you agree to that. I won't touch the stuff.

I have never regretted the hysterectomy. I only wish I had agreed to it earlier. I felt like a new person after my iron levels were able to recover and the pain and cramps were gone. Sex has been better for me since. Probably because I just plain feel better. They took my cervix out which they do in most cases. I don't notice it's gone.

Oh and hystersisters.com is a great resource. I bought a wrap for my tummy for after the surgery from hystersisters and that was a big help. I had the surgery with the davinci robot. Don't let them fool you - robot or no robot it is major surgery and you will need time to heal. I was back exercising after two months and took it slowly until I felt 100%.
BobKatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hamster-bamster

Thanks for this!
hamster-bamster, healingme4me, shezbut