View Single Post
hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 02, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I am afraid I am finding it increasingly difficult to follow the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APV83 View Post
Excuse me, everyone. On 7/22/2011 when I had this incident of this woman hiding her feet from me, I had no interest in sexual intercourse. SHE was viewing ME as a sexual object because she asked me for sex that night. I refused because I NEVER want children, we did not have any condoms, and I was not sterilized until 7/19/2012.

So asking somebody for sex means viewing that person as a sex object?

Maybe because you have not had sex, but you seem to have weird concepts about sex.

On the most GENERAL level, omitting such details as fetishes, etc., so, again, on the most GENERAL level, sex between people is a type of human interaction.

People who take part in this interaction are, generally, subjects. Not objects, but subjects.

When she asked you for sex, she was, in essence, inviting you to become a subject - a willing participant to an interaction between two adult humans. She was not trying to make you into an object - rather, she viewed you as a subject. Also, since, as you wrote, she "asked you for sex" - "asked" being the relevant term here - she treated you as an adult capable of his own decisions. How would acknowledging that you are an adult capable of making his own decisions amount to viewing you as an "object", I wonder? An "object" is something you just go ahead and use, without "asking". So by "asking" you, she FULLY met the requirements of treating you as a SUBJECT.

That you refused to have sex with her was totally within your right; I hope you refused in a polite enough manner to make sure she grasped that your refusal was not a rejection of her person as a whole, but a step motivated only by the practical side of things (no condoms, not sterile); but no, she did not view you as an object.

BTW you certainly know that condoms are as necessary for you as they are for men who are not sterile, right?

I hope everything goes well with the new mental health provider and your life will pick up steam in this realm soon.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote