View Single Post
SingDanceRunLife
Magnate

Member Since Nov 2007
65 hugs
given
Default Jul 05, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Today I told my mom I have an ED...her first reaction was to say that I'm not that skinny to which I said you don't have to be skinny to have an ED. And then she said that I haven't lost that much weight that fast...and of course, I did awhile back, but my metabolism has slowed down at this point so no, I'm not losing weight as fast, but I am still losing. And then she thought it was this new thing, and I was like no, it goes back to at least freshman year of college. Ugh. Dealing with her and this is gonna be like dealing with her when I was first diagnosed as bipolar. When I told her that, she said that I couldn't possibly be bipolar. At least I'm only living with her for another short while...3 weeks tops. And once she's gone, we'll never talk about it again. In all honesty, I wasn't even going to tell her, but then I said something about yeah there are good things in my life right now and there are also things that aren't, and of course she wanted to know what, so I listed them off. I think part of it for her is she's upset that she had absolutely no idea. And a lot of it for me is that she has no clue what having an ED actually means. She's like well there are a lot of EDs so what does you saying you have an ED mean
SingDanceRunLife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
anonymous91213, buttrfli42481, me05, Moodswing, ShaggyChic_1201