View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I'm expecting to move within the next 6 months, or so, to an apartment where I can get federal housing assistance. To receive federal housing assistance toward my rent, I will be limited to apartments that are fairly smaller than the one I live in now. That means having to get rid of a lot of what I own. Any suggestions on how to do that would be appreciated.

People tell me to sell my excess stuff. I've never before tried to sell anything in my whole life. I have never organized a yard sale or anything like that. It scares me. I have some stereo equipment that requires more room than I will have in a new place, so it has to go. But the stuff is good quality . . . like I paid a lot just for the speakers. So I'm wondering how can I best advertise this stuff to potential buyers? (I know nothing about selling stuff on-line.)

One idea I had was to just donate all my excess stuff to the Salvation Army. They will pick up donated stuff in good condition. I have some very nice pieces of furniture that won't really fit where I am likely to move to.

So, if you've ever had to unload a serious amount of stuff, you'll know the stress I face. Any tips could help me.

Thanks.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Aiuto, anneo59, Anonymous37781