Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 10, 2013 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdngtRain View Post
as for getting them in contact with one another, this T is seeing me despite her program policy not to "duplicate" services. When I asked if she wanted a release of info for my primary T, she said that it was not necessary, but that I should keep open dialogue. I'm hoping if she is going against company policy, she will talk to one of her supervisors and ok it all.

about the different definitions around dissociation, I was under the impression that most of the US used the same one, but I guess it's not accurate. I might ask her next week to help me understand her def. and to figure out why she is so adamant about changing my understanding of it.
dissociation by its self (not to mental disorder extreme) has many different definitions....

for some it means they feel a bit spacey from their meds
for someone else it means they feel kind of slow as if in slow motion movie because they didnt get enough sleep
for others it means floating on the ceiling watching whats going on (out of body feeling)

As a dissociative disorder (depersonalization/derealization disorder, dissociative amnesia/fugue disorder, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Unspecified Dissociative Disorder or Other Specified Dissociative Dissorder) yes there are diagnostic criteria that says what each of those dissociative disorders are, that all american treatment providers go by unless they are going by the ICD.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ThisWayOut