Thread: Abusive Mother
View Single Post
babs92

Member Since Sep 2006
Default Nov 29, 2006 at 06:54 AM

I am so sick and tired of crying, crying for the mother I wanted and never had, crying for a lost childhood (although it wasn't all entirely bad), crying in therapy each week, crying for putting my husband through turmoil and my kids, crying for being exhausted and unable to get on with my life.....................................limbo, stalemate, confusion, conflict (all these feelings constantly coming up). I am 40 my mother is 60 and a widow.....I want to cut all ties with her, I have had it, had enough but therapist says I can get through this and create healthy boundaries. BUT why do I have to do this!!!!!! I have a family to care for and an autistic son who needs me............I just can't see her anymore, the love has gone (what little I had of it anyway)........what's the point of it all.

I am also in turmoil because my neice is living with my mother because of abuse from her own mother (so unhealthy) and I know I can't rescue her - the cycle repeats!! I have a daughter the same age and believe I have broken that cycle, she is free. I am not free so its about time I was...........I am stopping all contact, its over, gone.........I need to take care of myself now.
babs92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote