hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 18, 2013 at 08:00 PM

There are a lot of deep issues.

The obvious advice is to make peace with the idea that your thoughts are being read FOR NOW - as a stopgap measure (stopgap=something that serves as a temporary expedient).

In other words, if you think it through and just accept that yes, people do read your sexual thoughts, but... it is OK - it is not frightening, and is not catastrophic for you. So they know your sexual thoughts - it is no big deal. You are not planning to kill anybody - how bad can sexual thoughts be, after all?

Plus, there is some truth to it - when you say that it is impossible to read someone's mind, you are not being quite correct. People do read others' minds, from time to time - I certainly do. What happens is that people read the wealth of non-verbal expressions, subtleties, body language, voice modulations, gesticulation, etc., to gain insight into the minds and feelings of those they communicate with. Plus, we read eyes A LOT. That the English language has evolved to include the expression "eyes are window to the soul" attests to that fact. And here is some science to support that:

Scientists discover that eyes really are 'the window to the soul' | Mail Online

Sexual thoughts are probably easier to read in another person than non-sexual thoughts.
So there is some truth to it - just accept it and stop worrying. Your T is not going to be embarrassed after learning your sexual thoughts (if your T does get embarrassed, I would personally de-license the T if my input on professionalism is ever requested).

Of course, in the long term, you should deal with the aftermath of psychosis and surviving a real threat to your life. But as a stopgap, just accept it and stop worrying.

Also, exercise helps anxiety.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote