Grand Wise Rabbit

Member Since Feb 2013
3,059 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 22, 2013 at 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite1 View Post
i realized that i had never seen any level of empathy from her at all in the years i have seen her .she has been kind of neutral for the most part. i figured it was just who she was or what was best for me etc...
Sometimes things are there and we don't see them. Personally, it's like I have nowhere to put my T caring for me. I repeatedly miss his attempts to connect with me. It's like I'm blind to his empathy. My childhood experiences have created this shroud that stops me seeing my T as he really is.

Others have said this too. And I can't help wondering if it might be the case for you. My T says it's a tragedy not of my making or his, and I would say the same to you. That maybe you just can't experience your T caring - but that doesn't mean the empathy isn't there.

I also wonder if you think empathy is somehow a finite resource and if your T expresses it towards someone else it means they have less for you? But could you conceive of the fact that your T is showing empathy towards someone in your life, someone you care about, so it's actually a part of your T caring for you?
tinyrabbit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote