newtus
The Dopamine Flux

Member Since Jun 2010
867 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2013 at 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atypical_Disaster View Post

What type of schizoaffective do you have, depressive or bipolar?

What would you say is more prominent in your illness, mood issues or psychosis issues?

How long did it take you to realize and/or accept that you had an illness?

How long did it take your doctors to diagnose you correctly?

Do you trust the diagnosis or do you doubt it? Why or why not?
i flutuate between SzA and P-Sz. so its ook i still answer?

1. ive always been dxd with "Schizoaffective; Depressive subtype"

2. psychosis seems more prominent. because its ongoing. its not always severe or even moderate but its always ongoing.

3. still really havent accepted...

4. well..i was dxd at 17. i mean...i was having problems before but they werent like they are now. but i think partly why i was dxd so young was thought i was extremely honest about what i expereinced. also though since i was 13 my issues with my mental health were largely ignored so i was desperate for help in my teens. getting it from anybody who wanted or offered him. im not like that anymore but my dx still is here becuase its been recognized as getting worse.

5. i feel like its too late to trust it. even though it does mostly explain everything. at one point i thought i might have aspergers. but i decided against testing for that because many things. 1 thing is that schizophrenia can very well look like aspergers in some people with the lack of social skills and withdrawal and a number of things. im most likely Sz anyway considering my cognitive issues have gotten worse as i got older and other stuff that just doesnt happen in Asp. although i did also wonder if i ever had both!

The Dopamine Flux
www.thedopamineflux.com

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

newtus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster