Thread: Questions.
View Single Post
dillpickle1983
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2011
263 hugs
given
Default Jul 22, 2013 at 08:13 PM

What type of schizoaffective do you have, depressive or bipolar?
I have Schizoaffective Depressive Type

What would you say is more prominent in your illness, mood issues or psychosis issues?

Mood issues, totally. I really don't get voices or anything unless I'm under alot of stress or I'm really depressed. However sometimes I hear babies crying, or I hear like a white noise like a TV on the fritz. However I get premonitions. I can tell when airplanes are about to crash. My therapist crapped her pants. I told her that we would have a major airline accident in the next 7 days. Well 2 days later Asiana crashed in San Fransisco. I actually got 302ed because of it, but got released the next day. Apparently I have scared my therapist now. Haven't seen her since and she's cancelled on me twice. I have a med check tomorrow with my DR. so I'll ask about it tomorrow. I also see natural disasters, stuff like that. I dont like being called psychic because I can't read your future, and I can't tell you if you're gonna win the lottery or die tomorrow. It's just really wierd. Ok enough of me blabbering on.

How long did it take you to realize and/or accept that you had an illness?

I've been diagnosed a ton of things. So this is the latest diagnosis. I definetly have something wrong. My meds are doing their job, and do not want them messed with. So what ever I have, meds are working.

How long did it take your doctors to diagnose you correctly?

I still don't know if I'm diagnosed correctly. Who knows. It's been 4 years, and lets see.. Major Depression with Psychosis, Bipolar 1, Bipolar 2, Borderline Personality Disorder, Mood Disorder NOS, and now Schizoaffective Depressive Type.

Do you trust the diagnosis or do you doubt it? Why or why not?

It's not that I don't trust it, I'm not a doctor. But I've been diagnosed so many things in the past that diagnoses really don't mean anything to me anymore. The meds are working, so lets not mess with them. I'm on Disability for something. I honestly don't even know what. It could of been any of those previous diagnoses. Who knows.

Last edited by dillpickle1983; Jul 22, 2013 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: spelling.
dillpickle1983 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, cybermember