View Single Post
innocentjoy

Member Since Jul 2013
74 hugs
given
Default Jul 24, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! Remember that it is not you, it is her inability to help that is probably causing this. Or rather, her inability to see things in another way. At the s/abuse clinic I go to, there are a couple counselors that are really nice. There's also one lady that is extremely serious and opinionated. I'm lucky that I have the choice to not see her. She was telling me one day about all the different things she can teach me, should I choose to do longer term counseling with her. She also is the one I hear most saying negative things about other staff, AND other clients (although she doens't mention names).

I feel as though some women go into the job with past experience, so that they can help. However, their idea of helping includes a lot of judgements attached, and is sometimes fuelled by anger. It makes me really sad to think of the many women coming in feeling vulnerable and needing support, and they are often too busy in their internalized fight for justice, and preconcieved opinions, to be able to help out.

Hope you can focus on some self care today, treat yourself to something you enjoy: a bubble bath, candles, good movie/book, special treat.

IJ
innocentjoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ThisWayOut

Thanks for this!
ThisWayOut