View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh, man, the "health" inspectors. Even in my 20's I got cited and almost evicted twice for being so cluttered in my apartment, etc.

That's hard you are listed as in charge of cleaning out his apartment. I've hired organizers before and they're not cheap, either; the second one (better of the two) was almost as expensive per hour as my T was!

I think we should form a cleaning service called "Companion Cleaners and Organizers" and get jobs with people who can help, at least direct (like you and me :-) the work, are ready, willing, and almost able but just not motivated. I just want someone to come sit and talk with me while I throw stuff out :-) I would feel silly asking a $75/hr. or more organizer to do that though, we need a cleaning service with just regular people like us who only make $10/$15 an hour; but now that I think of it, my maid service is more expensive than just the cost of what they pay the maids. Where are the teenagers of 50 years ago that wanted/needed money enough to work for it?

I have a maid service come twice a month, every other Tuesday, and I love the Mondays before and early Tuesday morning because I know I have to clean so they can clean, LOL. I get the laundry out of the way (bath and kitchen rugs, towels, etc.) and pick clutter up off the floor so they can vacuum (my multiple pairs of shoes, cat toys, piles of books, etc.). With my lack of normal exercise and asthma though I get really tired and out of breath trying to zoom around in 15 minutes to get ready.

Hugs from:
happiedasiy

Thanks for this!
anneo59, Rose76