Poohbah

Member Since Dec 2011
11 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 24, 2013 at 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdngtRain View Post
I didn;t have to worry about talking to her about it. Yesterday's session was quite revealing in her attitude and I'm not going to see her again. She pretty much dismissed me and my issues all the while telling me she is not judgmental. She made it very clear that any overt symptoms of ptsd will lead to an involuntary commitment. She harped on involuntary commitment for a good 20 minutes out of a 30 minute session (I left early). She was very contradictory in what she said from moment to moment. She also said I will never find an inpatient treatment center that will not force meds onto me. She made me feel totally hopeless and broken... I'm glad I still have my regular T...
I went through a few therapist before I found one that fit. This doesn't mean the prior therapist were bad, it just means that they weren't good for what I need in a therapist. One of my therapist thought it would be a good idea if I took a plastic bat and hit a blow up punching bag during session in her office. Even after I explained that I was capable of becoming very rage-full and I could not be certain that I could control the level of rage that could be brought out by hitting something with a bat. She gave no consideration to what I told her. I went home that night and began to look for another therapist. One that listened to what I was saying and I am still with her now.
The right therapist is out there, you just have to keep looking until it feels right. Good luck.
Claritytoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ThisWayOut

Thanks for this!
ThisWayOut