View Single Post
innocentjoy

Member Since Jul 2013
74 hugs
given
Default Jul 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Hey, and thank you

Things are a lot better. I've realized that I need to change my perspective and expectations regarding my family dr. I am now thinking of them as health interviews instead of dr's apts, something that brings out the "presenter/performer" in me instead of a vulnerable patient. That way I will be less likely to let my guard down. I will also strictly keep everything focused on the reason I am visiting her, and take charge of the conversation if she changes it.

For instance, when she talks about things that I "should" be doing, I will politely say "Thank you, I will bring that up with Dr. F". That way she will know that I am not open to those suggestions from her, that I trust my T more for matters like that, and yet I will still be able to keep a professional relationship.

I feel much better after that. And it was the stand-in case worker that helped me with that, so it shows me that I am in great hands while mine is on holidays!

IJ

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher
innocentjoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Gr3tta