View Single Post
D157R4C73D

Member Since Feb 2013
Default Jul 27, 2013 at 01:30 AM

The workplace doesn't want me. The best I've done over the last few years was a Christmas temporary job I had for a few weeks. The only thing I can find is temporary employment, and if I take a temp job they keep me in a permanent state of limbo -- never to be hired permanently. I've not been using any government assistance, no unemployment or food stamps, and barely getting by isn't getting it done anymore. My mother has been giving me money every month for the past couple of years, and I want to stop that. I guess I'm not sure what to do now. I'm tired of working for temp agencies that are skimming off of my paychecks and keeping me from getting long term benefits that every employee deserves. I can't bring myself to do something like MTurks for less than minimum wage an hour and meanwhile lining Jeff Bezos pockets in process. I'm not a salesman so all of these telecommute jobs based on commission do nothing for me. The best I can come up with is flipping stuff on Ebay. Sure, there have been plenty of successful people that have done this, but I'm guessing that it's just getting more and more competitive out there.

The thing is I don't need to make much to get by. In my current situation $800 a month would cover things, but I can't seem to figure out how to even make that much.

I guess I'm looking for advice. I can't be the only one here that doesn't fit in in the workplace but still has to earn a living. Without giving away any secrets that might hurt you, what do you do to get by?
D157R4C73D is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote