Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2013
1,819 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 28, 2013 at 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolarartist View Post
I know perhaps everyone has opened up a topic in T and discussed it then the session ends and you don't feel the topic was resolved but the next session something more important takes precedence and you never get back to things you'd like to tie up.
Has anyone had a catch-up session or series of sessions where they have resolved these things? I think my T has given me a false sense of security in saying that he will be there to discuss these things when I need to come back them. I feel some things are eating away at the back of mind and I need to clear them up. Plus at the moment I feel a sense of urgency from my T to get working on certain issues as my life totally sucks at the moment and I'm just sitting here idling and making the motions of living. I hope this makes sense as my life seems stuck at the moment and my poor T is doing his best by offering me things in the hope it helps.
Yeah I know what you mean. It happens to me fairly often that a session ends at a very unsatisfying place where I feel like we're just getting somewhere interesting and then the next week I'm either not in the mood or I forget exactly what part of the topic was interesting or just feel like something else is more urgent.
I also feel like "we'll need to talk some more about this" gives me a false sense of security especially because T isn't often directive about what we talk about and sometimes I have a hard time bringing things up again. Sometimes she forgets details that I wish she'd remember and I feel upset that she's forgotten. On the other hand, this minimizes the feeling of embarrassment in having to talk about the same thing over and over!
Seriously though, I don't see how anyone could get anything done by just talking about an issue once. If something is a serious issue for you, you just need to keep revisiting it... until eventually you don't. At least for a while. I've found that there are things I just need to refer to from time to time now. But for a while they were all I could talk about.
Favorite Jeans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote