View Single Post
dolphingirl

Member Since Feb 2012
12 hugs
given
Default Jul 31, 2013 at 01:09 AM

A couple of days ago during session I told T about the voices I had been hearing since I was in elementary/middle school (I'm almost done with college). Back then it started out as hearing a male voice call my name or say short sentences when I was getting in bed. Now that still happens, but I anticipate/role play conversations with different people in my mind a lot, but sometimes I'm not purposefully anticipating/role playing the conversation and don't feel like I'm the one who makes the other person/people say what they are saying. Does that make sense? When I was younger, I thought that the voice was normal. Several months ago I said something to my friend about the male voice calling my name and she said something about me being crazy.

Last week it bothered me more than normal, so I mentioned it to T. She said it could be a few things...my mind playing tricks on my as I'm falling asleep (I don't think I'm actually falling asleep when it happens), some sort of subconscious thing since my dad wasn't involved much and they started when I was younger, or a chemical imbalance/auditory hallucinations. The words auditory hallucination make it sound like I'm going crazy. Are these really auditory hallucinations? Could it just be God talking to me like I thought when I was younger (they talked about God's voice a lot at church, but I'm not completely sure about it)? Could it just be a weird subconscious anticipation/role playing I'm doing and not realizing?
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote