View Single Post
deelooted
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2013
403 hugs
given
Default Aug 02, 2013 at 03:35 PM

You are going to love this...I case manage mentally ill, and I am probably more ill than some of my clients!! The difference is that I mostly take my meds...for a while

We help to refer you to the appropriate services that will best assist you, i.e. special housing, good counseling, financial assistance if needed, filing for permanent disability, as well as just being there for you and helping you make decisions.

Most of all, we advocate for you when you are being discriminated upon...and as much as other agencies deny that they discriminate, THEY DO. Especially housing agencies... they just are not trained to deal with us

I love the advocating part the most, as I can be very calm, yet poignantly sharp as a knife, and I have won for my clients time and time again.

I will admit, however, that this job has stressed me out to no end, and in two months, I am switching back to sales. That goes with my swings much better than this, as I can often swing low when my clients need me most, and that is so not fair for them. Regardless, I will miss it!
deelooted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote