View Single Post
MotownJohnny
Poohbah

Member Since Jul 2013
46 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 03, 2013 at 03:20 AM

Honestly, when I was younger, I was never really out there just to have a good time. I always thought just playing the field, having one nighters was kind of sleezy, immoral. I was looking for some deep emotional connection with a woman. And ended up in a few relationships that went nowhere, and only met one woman who I would describe as the love of my life - and she was married, very unhappily, but a devout Catholic who wouldn't consider divorce (somehow, she could go for adultery, go figure). I have only slept with four women in my life, and I haven't seen anyone in years.

I regret this now. And honestly, I bet there hasn't ever been a man alive on this planet who went to his death thinking " if only I had had less sex". I know I'm not looking for some deep thing any more. If i do find that love if my life again, great, but sex is important for health, too, both physical and mental - like anything, as long as you keep it in balance. i am just working on getting myself in shape, physically and mentally, so I can get back out there. Would I have a one nighter now? You betcha. As long as there are no attachments, she and I both know why we are in it, for one reason. I disagree it will never happen, it does, and many women feel that way, too, especially as you get older. Just depends on the person. I don't think it makes me some kind of sleeze for stating it or feeling this way, either. Maybe it does, but I have gone through too much in my life to really care to be judged any more - I say any behavior that is not harmful to yourself or anyone or anything else and is voluntary and done with informed consent is ok.

Reminds me of the lyrics of this Lady Antebellum song:

How bout baby
We make a promise
To not promise anything more than one night
Complicated situations
Only get worse in the morning light
Hey I'm just lookin' for a good time
MotownJohnny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
HealingNSuffering