View Single Post
ATJC

Member Since Aug 2013
22 hugs
given
Default Aug 05, 2013 at 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenderqueerBPD View Post
You're right: I have been getting hung up on labels. Part of that is because I feel like I don't know who I am if I don't have the labels. I don't get nearly this hung up on sexuality labels, but I think that's because I've ID'ed as some kind of queer for years now, whereas I've only ID'ed as genderqueer for seven months. I think another part of it has to do with the fact that I will be persuing hormones once I get back from vacation and my experience has me worried about getting approved (even though the clinic I picked out is an informed consent clinic and explicitly states on their website that they acknowledge non-binary identities).
Makes sense. We as people tend to label things. Our philosophies, politics, likes and dislikes. Some times we're lost when we don't have an easily identifiable term for something.

I don't think you need to look any certain way to be or feel "tran" though, but I'm definitely no expect on the subject. I have one friend who identifies as female but for many reasons she won't be getting the surgery or altering her appearance in any way, but I don't think that makes her any less tran.
ATJC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote