Thread: Whose rules?
View Single Post
SeptemberMorn
Most Legendary Elder

Member Since Jul 2003
397 hugs
given
Default Dec 09, 2006 at 02:39 PM

{{{{{{{{Bips}}}}}}}}}}}} I've given up going to church because no matter where I go, I have to sit through that particular minister's interpretation of what God's Word says. I read my Bible and let God speak to me. There are plenty of times that one passage will say different things to me. I know that this is God telling me what He wants me to know.

If you are a Christian, then you know you are "good enough" because Christ died for our sins. He bought us back from Satan with His own blood. If you accept his sacrifice as His love for us, then you are on the right road.

Because Jesus came to earth as a human, He knows exactly what we go through in our daily lives. He also knows that we are weak creatures given to temptations of all kinds. He understands!

Satan doesn't take us over unless we open the door to him by delving into the occult, taking illegal drugs, etc. However, Satan will throw all kinds of obstacles in our way to keep us from being the best Christians we can be. But he won't win if we keep our eyes on God and his Word.

The Ten Commandments spell it out for us, but Jesus' commandment of "love your neighbor as yourself" covers it all. If you love your "neighbor" then you're not going to break the Ten Commandments.

Lastly, if we do our best to immitate Christ, then how can we go wrong? Yes, there will be times that we'll fail at that, but that is when "His grace is sufficient" for us. Grace is His "unmerited favor" towards us. We may not deserve it, but He IS love. He forgives.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
SeptemberMorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote