Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 09, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illegal Toilet View Post
Why do you expect that? What if I just want to lie in bed all day and watch cartoons? I understand how this makes one undateable, but the only other option is just to conform to someone else's needs for the express purpose of acquiring a date with them.

Wouldn't that be dishonest of me?
It would be dishonest.....& it would NOT be right...you need to be who you are & the other person needs to be who they are....if it's incompatible....then it shouldn't be & there is no reason to try & force something by being fake.

I know this is about dating.....but after dating the guy I dated for 6 months, I started seeing things I didn't like when we had talked about getting married......I listed my expectations & I expected him to be just as honest so that we could honestly decide whether it was reasonable to end up getting married or now. Like his normal passive aggressive self, he agreed with everything.....but fought me constantly about every one of those things after we ended up getting married. I tolerated it for way too long because I had my career to hide away in & had no interest in being any part of the dating scene again.....but it was like living in hell.

I have a right to have the expectations that I have because they usually have a lot to do with my interests & where I am in my life & what is compatible with MY LIFE & there is no point in wasting my time or theirs dating someone who I have nothing in common with. It's not that the other person isn't nice.....but then again, my stbxh was NICE.....but not compatible & that just doesn't work

@Hamster
Quote:
Eskie,
Funny you would say that, as a woman riding a horse is an obviously sexual image. Highly sexual. Highly highly sexual,
I don't know what riding a horse you do, but competitive Dressage riding horses I do, to me is all about communication between horse & rider that has NOTHING to do with sex but perfecting the athletics it takes to perform the sport so that when we compete together, we end up with decent test scores. In the rest of our life together with my horse, I enjoy the unconditional love bond like what I enjoy with my dogs. Nothing sexual about that kind of relationship.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
hamster-bamster