Thread: incompetent
View Single Post
iwalkwithjesus

Member Since Aug 2013
27 hugs
given
Default Aug 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This could get long, so I'll shorten it up. My granddaughter was raised by he great grandparents. Seemed like they took all there grand and great grands for money purposes. Anyway, they always made excuses that I couldn't talk to my granddaughter, whatever. They did this until she became a teenager. They never let her go outside to play or visit her friends etc., so she started acting out. Like a normal teen. They never told me about it, never called me etc. Now my granddaughter is 19 years old, and lives in a group home in Florida,. her great grandparents didn't want to deal with a teenager so at the age of14 they had her judged incompetent. She has been calling me everyday, and when I heard that, I immediately tried to call her so called guardian ad litem. She never answers, nor does she return my calls. She hardly ever visits or calls her. I can tell that my granddaughter does have some issus but incompetance is not one of them. I can tell by the things she wants to do. The things she can do, and the fact that she realizes that she was neglected so bad that she is way behind in academics. I don't know why social services never did anything about her while she was rowing up. She was put on medication for ADHD. But after her great grandparents got done lying to the pdoc, they put her on potent anti psychotic drugs. I truly believe if they would have an independent party evaluate her, she would not be found incompetantat all. What can I tell her to do?she's 19 but thy won't even Lt her get a job. Any advice for her is appreciated. god Bless

Bio: Married (finally to a real man), five Grown bio Children, two adopted children. Four Boys, three girls. Horses, Goats, maltese, rottie, English bulldog, two cats
iwalkwithjesus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
redbandit, tealBumblebee