View Single Post
davos

Member Since Jul 2013
Unhappy Aug 15, 2013 at 03:22 PM

I'm having a hard time in school and I'm afraid.

I don't know what I can do with my life. School is just a way for me to put it off. I used to be able to get As before my life got out of hand and was diagnosed with depression but now I am struggling to even pass courses.

I have failed a course already, but it was just a "half" course. I think I'm about to fail a different course (a "full" course) and I'm not sure what I can do now. It's an intro course to a major I want to pursue (because I am vaguely interested in it) and although I have gotten Cs in higher level courses in that major, I'm just all around worried about my schooling.

I also feel like this hurts my identity somewhat, since I don't feel like I have many accomplishments outside of doing well in school, other than things I have been told all my life will not help me in real life.

??? I feel so confused about my life. Even with medication and therapy I barely feel like I can hold my life together, and I feel like I am going nowhere fast, and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I don't want to live at home for the rest of my life, nor do I want to have to struggle for food and shelter for years on end.

I guess you could say that I feel like I have failed, even though I have yet to fail my course. I have failed before...but I've turned 21 and I'm far behind my peers in lots of ways. Why can't I get my act together?
davos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, sonnenschein