View Single Post
wpmelane

Member Since Aug 2013
Unhappy Aug 15, 2013 at 07:58 PM

Hello everyone. My wife and I have just recently discovered that she is Bipolar. Started medication treatment and started going to therapy.

Things that were discussed by the therapist was hyper sexuality when she had to fill out a test to get a better understanding of her diagnosis. She has always been "promiscuous" in her life. She always had a tendency for one night stands, multiple partners etc. She has said that maybe her number has been over 75 or so. She said she had always felt terrible about it afterwards most of the time.

She did go over a year without "sex" but always had some form of sexual release. Had phone apps used to sext and chat with men to exchange explicit photos. She also had craigslist ads looking for One night stands, exchanged photos etc. but wouldn't follow through, or it "fell through" on their end. So its an ongoing issues up until her and I became Official.

Most, if not all of these partners, sex ads, are directly linked to police officers. She says she is extremely attracted to cops. This is something she searches for and is attracted to, even in instances where otherwise out of uniform these people would seem gross to her. She would still sleep with them mostly because of the uniform. To this day every time a cop car drives by besides us, behind us, across the street, parked, etc. she ALWAYS looks over and there has always been an excuse as to why she needed to look.

She just started a new job working in a sheriffs department working around police officers frequent enough through out the night. It has been troubling for me before being diagnosed with being Bipolar (although I knew there always was a problem) but now knowing that there is a chemical imbalance causing a lot of our problems it makes me afraid as to what might happen in her current situation at work.

I'm feeling as if being around "COPS" in general is causing a trigger for a manic state causing her hyper sexuality. She has flirted around non cops around me saying she just is very friendly. I'm afraid she is unaware of the way she interacts around these people. It might bring some unwanted attention and under the right circumstances (her being attracted and him being attracted) might result in a breach in the relationship.

She always seems to be talking to cops at work, no matter the age etc. getting information for something, I feel as if she goes out of her way just to make conversation. I need to know what to do. I need to know if I am alone on this kind of thing. I'm convinced that this is a trigger for her and could lead to some bad stuff down the road. I'm hoping that there are things that we could do to help make this stuff not happen. Its difficult to have her listen to reason though.

I know this was a lot to read, I feel kind of alone on this and need some help from people. This has been a long bumpy road with a lot of emotional distress.

Thank you so much for reading.
wpmelane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote