skeksi
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2008
1,145 hugs
given
Default Aug 21, 2013 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn P. View Post
Children need to feel emotions so they can learn to control them.
You sound like my T! In the very best way. Thank you for reaffirming the normalcy of this process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perna View Post
I disagree; something else to be thankful for, sounds like you have a great T!
Good point, Perna! I am lucky that he has been willing to go my (snail's) pace with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOVE View Post
What it is,is,this is
exactly how you would have felt when you received the disapproval you no doubt got from
your parents! It is the 'auditory imprint' from THEM,buried so deep in the psyche that you think
it is YOU! Not so,not bloody so,it doesn't even
belong to you,it belongs to THEM!
This is so true, Bluedove, and I am tearing up realizing it. Nobody who loved and cared about my well-being would address my anger this way. T has respect and care and says things like, "Of course you're angry, anyone would be" and "You're not hurting anyone with your anger." I learned to take on T's caring voice when I am scared, I bet I could do it when I'm angry, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyrabbit View Post
I think you should be proud that you are doing good self-care by getting an extra session.
Thanks, tinyrabbit. You're right. This is a very emotional time for me and it's okay to get extra help. A small part of me worried T will be put out, but I know he had an open slot and he wouldn't have offered it if it wasn't willing to give it. I have to trust him on that.
skeksi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
tigersassy, tinyrabbit