View Single Post
noprogress

Member Since May 2013
Default Aug 28, 2013 at 06:15 PM

Yes I see now the title was a tad misleading and sorry if my reply seems a bit brusque.

I can really relate to the experience you describe of feeling like everyone is focusing on you and judging you, I have that feeling massively in any public place or social situation I'm in. In my case i tend to feel anxious that people are judging me for my appearance, as I have longer hair than most men. If i have to talk to people I feel anxious that they'll ask me about my life and then judge me for how messed-up and unproductive it is.

I also have that experience of feeling more anxious about doing things in my local area than in somewhere further away. The more anonymous I am the less anxious I feel, the better known I am the more anxious I feel. I always try to keep all relationships at a distance so people can never really get to know me because I feel they'll only judge me and reject me. Even on the internet I avoid making friends or becoming friendly with people because it makes me too anxious.

You mentioned joining a class, I had thought about doing that. In fact there was a class I wanted to join quite recently which I had waited for nearly a year to become available but in the end the anxiety got the better of me and didn't sign up. It's the story of my life really.
noprogress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote