Legendary

shezbut is questioning her personal worth in life

15 yr Member
15.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 28, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hello, my name is Shezbut.

I discovered Psych Central, through regular visits to it's cousin: Neuro Talk. Neuro Talk was very helpful to me in not feeling so alone and misunderstood after suffering a traumatic brain injury in March of 2007. After gaining better control over the physical effects of my TBI, psychological effects of the injury exacerbated previous emotional problems that I have always struggled to keep under control. I am physically and emotionally disabled, which has been difficult to accept. However, I have accepted this fact greatly in the past year or so!

My history includes: Self-hate, sexual and emotional abuse that continuously occurred throughout my childhood and adolescence, BPD, PTSD, DD-NOS, and recurrent major depressive disorder have caused several hospitalizations as a teenager and as a full-grown adult with children. Temporal lobe epilepsy, preceding the TBI, continues to add difficulties to my daily life.

PC has been a terrific resource for me in countless ways! It is reassuring to get to know other people who have suffered horrible crimes, and yet have grown to accept these memories and let go of the attached pain and self-blame. It is, of course, heartbreaking to know others who have had much more difficult lives than myself.

A very strong goal that I've always had in life is to help others get through similar struggles that I have fought (and continue to fight) in life. Moderating the PC forums helps me reach that goal that I've been aiming for. It is an honor that I take both rather seriously and I enjoy doing it!

"Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace."
- Author Unkown

Hugs from:
ethanbridges, FooZe, Fuzzybear, greylove, happysobercrafter, LadyShadow, Lamia_13, Lexi232, Lilly2, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, NeurodivergentEnby, notz, nushi, Pikku Myy, Stressed34, Travelinglady, Turtleboy, Wren_

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Christina86, darkpurplesecrets, ethanbridges, FooZe, Fuzzybear, greylove, happysobercrafter, kirby777, LadyShadow, Lamia_13, Lamplighter, Lexi232, Lilly2, LiteraryLark, MickeyCheeky, MuseumGhost, NeurodivergentEnby, notz, optimize990h, pegasus, Pikku Myy, reneesparkle, sabby, seeker1950, Stressed34, Travelinglady, Turtleboy, Wren_