View Single Post
Bark
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2008
8,255 hugs
given
Default Aug 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Gone on a trip and going back tomorrow. I wish I'd booked it earlier an for longer, but I've already seen and done things I never have before. So that's good. Got along some with the people I went on the trip with.

But of course I have to forget something. Like my phone charger. And, more importantly, my meds. And of course I didn't bring a copy of my prescription when I travelled here, although I thought about it. So I ended up calling a toll-free number an explaining how I wasn't a resident, didn't have insurance, and didn't have a prescription. She told me to try my luck at a pharmacy, and if that didn't work out, to go to a walk-in clinic. So I went to the pharmacy, no luck. I called my dad and asked if he could get me a copy of my prescription. The next day, I went to a Safeway, and the pharmacist was amazing. I told him that I only needed a few pills till I got back to where I was staying. He put some pills in a bottle and said it was a gift. I felt so lucky. After that, I saw that I got an e-mail with a scan of my prescription. I ought to carry that around on my phone. I think everyone that takes meds should have either an image of their prescription on their phone or a folded prescription in their pocket.

Overall it was a great trip... except for feeling so incredibly guilty for asking for money and being told I needed to act like an adult and budget properly when he asked me before I left if I needed money and I said yes and so assumed I was getting some. Gah. So I'm trying to spend as little of that money as possible. I mean, I could have managed, but why didn't you say that you were not sending me money instead of having me wonder? I don't know, I'm still bothered by it. It's as if the money I got is tainted. I felt guilty for buying an ice cream. I'm going to return something I bought and that should cover that cost. So basically all I would have spent of that money would be for dinner that night. I don't want the money. I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if I'm even being clear now; I'm not going to read what I wrote. It just kills me inside to know that I've bothered someone, especially a friend or family member. It kills me.

Hugs from:
avlady, herethennow, lindammarie, online user, Rachel.i, tigerlily84, whimsygirl

Thanks for this!
Nammu, Rachel.i, tigerlily84