Thread: "Make up Sex"
View Single Post
Anonymous33150

Angry Sep 06, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
Don't hate me for the following post, yes it contains several generalizations and stereotypes, and isn't intended to apply to all people of either gender or all relationships.

“Make up Sex” I have figured out is a very one sided and sexist thing (against men). Despite what the conventional wisdom is (in a m/f relationship), Make up Sex almost always happens after the woman has messed up. If the guy screws up not only will there be no sex that night it probably won’t happen for some time. But women seem to find it difficult to say things like “I’m sorry”, “I was wrong”, “please forgive me” or “it was all my fault” it seems much easier to say something like “let’s stop fighting and to into the bedroom…” and guys being guys just go along with it. And the reason we go along with it, is because we would rather have a night of good sex than to continue to fight and get an actual apology from a woman.
Seriously?? Poor men getting manipulated into sex?? LOL. A man would much rather say "let's stop fighting and go into the bedroom" because most men (I shall generalize since you did...your apology not taken into account because in your post you completely contradicted yourself...) would rather have sex than communicate, and women would much rather have sex with someone they feel close to (aka are NOT fighting with). Women do NOT want to just "do it" so they do not have to admit they are wrong. And the last time I checked, apologies/realizations of being "wrong" generally do not come easily for men!

Make up sex for a woman occurs when a conversation/argument is done and WHOEVER (either partner) in the wrong has realized it, and/or the situation has worked itself out for the best of both sides. A woman doesn't want to have sex with a man they are angry with, because most often women need to feel some kind of emotional connection, which anger generally contradicts...and if not that, being pissed off at a guy isn't exactly a turn on. We also GENERALLY aren't trying to escape conversations that would make things better/back to normal....it's just not in our emotional makeup.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ATJC, gismo, LiteraryLark