The Dopamine Flux

Member Since Jun 2010
867 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2013 at 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teen Idle View Post
I know this is off topic, but how did you get disability without a lawyer if I can ask? I feel like I am going to need a lawyer and I am not looking forward to it.
its ok

i am under their special rule of "Disabled Adult Child Before Age 22"

ive had a very long documented history of mental illness since i was 12. but the dx im filed under has been documented consistently since 17. im 23 now.

ive heard its different state to state even area to area. but im near a big tx city. which isnt an easy one. (not that was or is or should be or was even expected).

i expected to wait 6 months or even have to appeal. but since my history was long AND documented i got it in 2 1/2 months to be exact. first try. no laywer. immediately when i got out of hospital too is when i put my application. my father helped me. he got it started while i was still in hospital. i took my med list to them which was long at that time (not that i wanted it to be hah or that it needs too but i heard that they take medication and type of medication into account of disability). but i didnt have a doctor at the time i applied which was at age 21. i think they took into acct maybe that i just got out of hospital too.

The Dopamine Flux
www.thedopamineflux.com

Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/MozePrayIII

newtus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote