View Single Post
tealBumblebee
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2013
3,745 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2013 at 05:17 PM

I did read the whole thing , but Schizotypal PD (as well as any other PD) can't really be diagnosed by anyone but a professional and definitely not online. I do think that, from all you wrote, it would be worth looking into. Have you considered seeing a therapist? A diagnosis can be fairly easy to obtain (my T and I had about 2 months of sessions, then I took the Millon Test which showed StPd among other things and it all kind of was a big a'ha moment).

In my own experience, its easy to "assign" yourself with almost anything if we think long and hard enough about it. I was afraid Borderline, Narcissistic and Avoidant would show up on mine and none of them did - though now I can see some similar Schizotypal characteristics that explain my concern.

Regardless of if you do or do not, I think that if your social anxiety and behavior patterns are causing you distress - its already worth looking into. And if it is Schizotypal Personality Disorder than 1) you're already read up! and 2) it's not the end of the world. Help (to some extent) is achievable. =]

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster