View Single Post
sowseedsofhappiness

Member Since Sep 2013
3 hugs
given
Default Sep 16, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I struggle with social anxiety. A few days ago, I started keeping a record of my daily achievements, big and small, as described on a PC blog called Weightless written by Margarita Tartakovsky.

In the blog post about empowerment, Tartakovsky writes about keeping a daily record of when we have been strong:

"Keep a file of your own accomplishments, times you’ve been resilient and moments you’ve stood up for yourself. Big or small, write everything down. Read this list every day."

Here is a link to the original post:

blogs.psychcentral.com/weightless/2013/09/the-power-of-empowering-yourself-and-tips-to-help/

This journaling and recording practice has been key in showing me that there are many moments in my daily life, that in the past I have most likely overlooked, wherein I am strong and resilient, whether it be confidently ordering a coffee, confidently leaving my apartment, or confidently walking down a sidewalk. In fact, after starting this daily exercise, I've become more motivated in social situations to overcome the anxiety I feel. Though it is not always successful (I don't expect it to be), I am always astounded when I do feel even a tiny bit more confident in situations where, in the past, I have struggled tremendously, and I have brought myself down because of that.

This practice has lifted a weight off of my shoulders that has been there since my childhood.

Try it out, and see if it works for you. It is definitely worth a try. I wish you all of the best with this practice!
sowseedsofhappiness is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
katelyn1019