medicalfox
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2013
974 hugs
given
Default Sep 20, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipolaRNurse View Post

CNAs are in demand in long-term care (nursing homes), assisted living, and hospitals among other places. There HAS to be a better job for you. Don't let this one drive you crazy!! (((HUGS)))
In the area I live in there is an extremely high demand for cnas. There is a huge lack of cnas and long term facilities are very under staffed. Many cnas are switching to home care because the stress of being under staffed in long term facilities is burning them out. I'm pretty sure the same thing is happening in hospitals in my area because the nurses get called in all the time. When I was in the ER I remember seeing nurses begged to not work an extra 6 hours because they already passed 12. All I see for jobs is nursing and because of the craziness I'm switching to radiology. That field is way more low key and it suits me pretty well. I just don't want to go manic again, so far I've gotten manic 1 time during my old job in a facility and twice with this job when I had to work 80+ hours several weeks in a row due to us being under staffed. I wish they knew my disability so they wouldn't put me through this.

-Emily Dickinson
medicalfox is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BipolaRNurse