Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 21, 2013 at 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edda View Post
I wonder if any of you are having this problem regularly.

I often find myself relating very strongly to a post, having genuine feelings of compassion and wanting to contribute. Yet when I start writing a reply I just get badly triggered - so much so that I have to abandon the venture and I end up never replying to a poster who I actually want to support.

Anyone in the same shoes?

Any way to get over it?
I get that way sometimes. I used to be somewhere other than PC, and it dealt with mental health issues. And spent years there, and I would sometimes, not reply, and sometimes I would.

The fact that you can sit and read and get to the point, of wanting to say something, says a lot about you

Sounds, like you want to work through this, because you are asking how to get over it(or I personally like, saying, getting through it). I find, it's OK and appropriate to be honest and upfront, and say hey, this is triggering for me, or difficult for me, but I want I want to reply.

It's ok, to sometimes, bring up your own story to relate and identify. There's really no right or wrong way to bring support to the table. Sort of like an in person support group, where people are sharing stories, in order to help others reach a level of clarity or to even reach clarity in oneself, type of style, approach.

Baby steps, is a good way to sort through this. Sounds like you want to give it a try, why not?
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote