View Single Post
abilifyguy

Member Since Nov 2006
Default Dec 28, 2006 at 06:19 AM

Bummer! Things never happen at a good time. I'm sorry you have so much to deal with at one time.

Starving yourself is often a sign that you feel things are out of control in your life and you are trying to control something. It's not a good idea, though, at 17. The important thing is to get proper nutrition, however. There are ways to do it with calorie restriction. You have to make good food choices and plan when and what to eat. I think you could create a diet that would give you something you can control without damaging your health. Google "calorie restriction" for suggestions.

You probably don't need to lose weight, but if you're not eating you could suffer from malnutrition that will cause health problems that you may not see for a long time in the future. Educate yourself on calorie restriction so that you can control your diet without hurting yourself. There are ways to control calories without hurting yourself.

When I was 17 I was in a situation very similar to yours. It was hell! I also used self starvation as a means to feel better about myself. I made some bad life choices and some good ones at that time, but they were made because I was living in hell. I feel for you. I've been there. I wish I'd had the support that you have. But most importantly I WISH I'D HAD A THERAPIST.

Maybe Sabina can refer you to someone. There may be a way to work it out so that you don't have to tell your parents too much about it. But you need a professional to coach you on coping skills so that you don't make the bad decisions that so many of us make in a bad situation.

pm me if you want to talk more in depth. Or pm any of us. We're here for you. Take care.

-Randy
abilifyguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote