View Single Post
Anonymous24413

Unhappy Sep 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I don't much understand at this point the utility of the ignore function.

I kind of see, sort of, both sides of still being able to see that a specific user has posted though not seeing the actual content. So that is not my frustration.

My frustration stems from the fact that I am still able to see this individual visiting my profile all the time, also if they would like to "thank" me or... "hug" me in response to a given post.

Given the variety of posts and the sensitive nature of some of the narratives, as well as individual's possible histories of traumatic, abusive or otherwise wholly unpleasant relationships-with anyone- I strongly feel that having a safe space here and being able to dictate the specific boundaries of that space is important for each person here. I have, actually felt that was a notion highly valued at PC pretty much from the start.

Which is why I have my doubts there was actually any awareness that members put on ignore could still interact with the members who had put them on ignore, but I feel this is a fairly important loop to be closed, so could it be looked at please?

Thank you
Josie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
allme, Gus1234U, nonightowl