View Single Post
(JD)
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2003
1,651 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Ooo Oct 01, 2013 at 06:46 PM

I went to the site to evaluate this AHCA for myself...to the marketplace and then to the Kaiser site to do a sampling comparison and cost analysis.

Yes, an insurance company CAN refuse to cover your pre-existing condition under certain circumstances. And IF you do have such a condition, the AHCA will charge you more annually (average is $1000 a month) and a higher deductible (to the tune of about ($5000 a year in addition to your regular deductible!) no joke folks.

So I filled in practice paperwork, deleting the pre-existing condition... and the AHCA would then cost me over $1000 a year more, with a $9,000 a year deductible. SAY WHAT??? I would have to pay the first $9000 of medical costs Each Year before this affordable care insurance would kick in.

I don't think people realized how bad this would be. I've been against it from the get-go but had NO IDEA they could pull this farce off...on the American people no less.

I urge all people to get an evaluation for themselves and see...and then rant to their Senator. This tax isn't fair at all! If we have to pay it, then so should Mr Obama and all the politicians!!!!

Okay, calming down. I discussed this with a doctor today and was urged to be sure of my findings. Yeah, good idea, I mean, what I found is UNBELIEVABLE!

What did I discover? AH, I goofed yep indeed...if you're on disability you don't claim ANY of your income... yes, surely that would bring my costs down? NOPE. If I am not allowed to claim my disability income then I am too far below poverty level and must go on Medicaid, which I know for a fact will NOT cover me. This means, for me, if I don't keep the private insurance I have already, I will not have ANY insurance at all as the AHCA will not cover me!

What kind of cure-all end-all problems insurance tax is this anyway?

Politicians, I fully believe, are all going to hell--and soon.

Believe in Him or not --- GOD LOVES YOU!

Want to share your Christian faith? Click HERE
(JD) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
IowaFarmGal, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
CastlesInTheAir, nonightowl, Otter63