Thread: Do I have DPD?
View Single Post
DPDisme2661

Member Since Sep 2013
5 hugs
given
Default Oct 02, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I am very impressed you had the strength to delete his phone number so you aren't tempted to contact him!!! I have never been able to do that with the guy in my life I should leave alone. I see myself in so much of what you said and I could never delete his contact information, so i want to tell you congratulations that is a huge first step!!!!! My only advice is, for me, my own recovery requires me to stop focusing on the other person or the relationship and focus on myself. Think of all the energy you're (and I'm) wasting on someone who has said they don't want a relationship with you (and me). We have to stop making excuses ("is it his job? Is it because he was cheated on?") seriously does it matter? The facts are he isn't interested anymore. I know how hard that is to accept but it is the first step towards our own healing and growth. Focus on YOU. Exercise, write, do what makes YOU happy and stop trying to analyze another person. I struggle with this every day so I'm there in the trenches with you.

I am proud of you!

When you know better, you do better--Oprah Winfrey
DPDisme2661 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote