View Single Post
winter4me
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I would suggest (as someone who has had many jobs, changing jobs is part of my way of coping, I only recently actually lost a job, got another) that you sit down and do a resume that highlights skills you have that apply to the job you are applying for, you do not have to give permission for contact with other employers (although these days it is common for them to only provide a prospective employer with your date of hire, date of leaving and no more); do have a couple of references (If someone will write them for you, include them in the resume, or end the resume with "References available upon request". Include a brief but well written cover letter specific to the job you are applying for, expressing interest, ability and confidence.
Do you know what you are looking for? Should you be looking on line vs the local paper, or would a local posting be better, ...you can't think of yourself as a loser, even if you need to think of working/interviewing/continuing to work as taking a kind of acting role---one that you "live", that you "become".
A positive, interested, but somewhat relaxed attitude seems to work well for me in interview situations.

winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote