View Single Post
dbr1

Member Since Oct 2013
Default Oct 25, 2013 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn Bird View Post
From what you have said I don't think it is you. It sounds as if your parents are so preoccupied with their lives and work etc. that they rarely have time or pay any attention to you. It is not up to me to diagnose but it would be a good idea to gain as much information about traits etc as you can. You must feel really quite neglected and I do feel for you - do some more research then you will have a better leg to stand on - you don't say how old you are - would you be able to move out - or stay with relatives or friends - with people who will listen to what you have to say lots of love and luck
I suppose I should give some context. I'm 23 years old and I currently live with my father. I don't work at the moment but I do have enough money to rent an apartment (I think). However, I've hesitated to do so because I'm a bit worried about leaving my dad by himself, and I'm afraid of living alone.

I realize I'm a bit too old now to worry about how much (or little) attention my parents are giving me, but the thing is: it's always been like this, even when I was little. My parents would often be completely occupied with work and their lives as individuals, as well as life (or the lack thereof) as a married couple. As much as I respect my parents, I never felt like I fit within their world or within their plans. I felt like I was something that just happened and that they simply accepted. (That sounds really cynical, but the more I think about it, the more it feels that way...)

Thanks for the comment, and I'll definitely do more research on this.
dbr1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
delphinium