View Single Post
Lifedreamer

Member Since Nov 2012
Default Oct 30, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Okay, So I have had a documented learning/mental disability since I was 12 years old. This has followed me through high school. I had a 504 plan in high school and have recent documentation of behavior health center visits. The problem is my art instructor won't give me a break what so ever for extended time for turning in work for this class. I have four classes, two of them art, and even one of my art teachers was just understanding enough to give me a break, but this is a documented lifelong disability that I have. I asked the instructor if you can give me extra time, he said that I must turn it in for a lower grade regardless of disability because it says in his syllabus that any health problems are not accommodated. Can he do this or is there a law under American Disability Acts that requires extended time if needed. I have been stressing out left and right as I am in the middle of finding a new psychologist (wait list), and have to take anti-psychotics daily just to live and be healthy, stress does not help this. Is he allowed to be this kind of dismissive? Is this discrimination against my disability?
Lifedreamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shezbut