View Single Post
Shellsh0cked

Member Since Aug 2012
1 hugs
given
Default Nov 01, 2013 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Bedlam View Post
I wouldn't be so hasty in saying she may didn't care who he was... often times, us BPDers just don't know how to or how to accept that kind of love from another since it is something we have never learned how to do. For many with BPD (and given her background, it could be like this for her), love has always came at a price. Why do you think we are so suspicious of it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I will go with that. She's always picked really bad guys to date...had bad male role models growing up. I don't quite think she knew what to do with me because I was different in that I wasn't "after" anything...and certainly didn't mistreat her...I love her. One thing I had noted a few months after this ended (and I had originally posted)...is that she copes by "validation". When she can validate a feeling she has with fact (or something similar) she doesn't feel like she is going crazy....like "I shouldn't react this way...he hasn't done anything."...well if she could validate that feeling by creating a reason for that distrust and insecurity, then by goodness that means she has no reason to feel crazy or out of control....because it's all rational. When we first got together she raged on me several times and the next day was met with..."I'm so sorry...I don't know why I acted like that". You could tell it was terrifying to her.

Case in point...of course ANYONE would be pissed and disgusted if their partner was checking out one of their parents! I get that. What's weird? THis was at her mother's house on Thankgiviing weekend (arrived Sat, left Sun). I know the very first accusation didn't happen until 2 days later that she said something about it to me...after we'd spent many more hours together which included several great and loving sexual encounters and we were all smiles. Now me personally? I'd let my girlfriend HAVE IT right then if I thought she was checking out my dad or my brother...I wouldn't wait two days. There wasn't even an issue that night...or the next morning...In fact she bragged to her sister that she was going to skip church to "have sex with my boyfriend"...with a big grin on her face I'm told. Now me? I don't think that would be my attitude in her shoes. I'd let her have it THEN for doing something repugnant and disrespectful like that. It wasn't until she was at work and alone with her insecurities that this popped up. MY GUESS is that when she was alone...and away from me all day... that she started to let those insecurities get the best of her and that was her way of explaining why she felt that way....because it happened right? Dunno...that's my only explaination for that. Because when she comfronted me with that I was like ??? I couldn't believe what I was hearing! A lot of the reason she is the way she is, is due to her mother. Hell, I couldn't even stand being in the same room as she was for YEARS because she was so self-centered and selfish. Since that time she lost a child to suicide, and I gotta give her credit for trying to do better since then. Am I on her fan club? Hardly...SO why the hell would I be attracted someone like that?? I'm not that damn shallow...Not to mention I find NOTHING physically attractive about this woman...hence the confusion set it...She never could give me a clear answer as to why she didn't say something when it supposedly occured or her complete lack of emotion about it at the time?

So it's all part of the "validation" thing I guess...to make sense of something that makes no sense?

Anyone wanna punch some holes in that theory...that's all it is...

Last edited by Shellsh0cked; Nov 01, 2013 at 03:56 PM..
Shellsh0cked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote