View Single Post
Shellsh0cked

Member Since Aug 2012
1 hugs
given
Default Nov 02, 2013 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I have to give accolades, myself, to those who do own up, to having BPD, and do their best, to work on themselves, struggles and all, and still be able to offer support and advice, to those that do or have partnered with someone, with BPD. Takes a lot, to do that.

It's not that I never loved my xbpdh, it's he wiped away, any last ounce of affection, I'd ever had, for him. I still have children, with him, any communication, is clearly, out of the picture, right now. (court ordered)

Takes a lot, to still love someone, who has treated you, so horrible, and placed you, in dangerous scenarios and embarrassed you, herself, and others.

I've connected, with many Nons, over the past several years. I am glad, your new friend, knows, now, she isn't alone. It can be lonely, to struggle knowing there's a good side, to all the ups and downs.
I've met others, who May not have described their former relationships with bpd terminology, but could have easily turned to some of the other support groups for Nons, out there.

Glad you were able, to come back here, and see you'd had responses to it.

Ever notice, typical non questioning and answering centers on how many out of 9, the bpd in our life, falls, into. My ex was 8/9.
Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
Agreed...anyone that takes the time to address their issues...whatever they are I give kudos to! Hell, I went to therapy for my issues....unfortunately she will probably never seek help. She is too proud and too scared of the diagnosis. It is my belief that she probably manipulated the psychiatrist she went to as to get the drugs and to hide her problems from him due to that fear.

My new friend says she is "over it"...She THINKS she is after 3 months. She will have future struggles from this. I thought I was over it too just a month after she went to jail and I put the restraining order on her. I dated a couple of women...why? I have no idea...maybe to feel like maybe I was desirable? Not this horrible person? Maybe to get reassurance that I still knew who I was? Well, I wasn't okay. Not even close. I had panic attacks on several occasions when I was involved with them...and I ran from every one of them out of fear. Fear of this happening again...It was completely irrational...and I know that now, but the fear was still there. Funny too, because the first date I went out on with was with a woman that has been very good to me since that point and dispelled my fears by just being her. It really feels wonderful. Her ex husband is bipolar, and she had her struggles. She stuck by me throughout those tough times and I love her for it. :-)
Shellsh0cked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me