View Single Post
Shellsh0cked

Member Since Aug 2012
1 hugs
given
Default Nov 05, 2013 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn Bird View Post
PD's do not usually have delusions as such - but their is the term delusions of grandeur so associated with 'N's. It is more that this disorder is entwined in their personality from a very young age and as they grow into adulthood so the traits begin to show. They usually function well and most people would never know - obviously this depends on the PD. It may be a good idea to look at some of the traits. I don't know what you plan to do but I wish you lots of love and luck
Hey...I am sorry I missed your post. I do remember reading about it as I recall I think in Walking on Egsshells...which is ironic because before I ever knew of BPD I used to tell her I was always "walking on eggshells". The book spoke volumes to me about the behavior traits for sure...and it compared and contrasted Borderline, Paranoid, Narcissitic and others....That's where I got it...I guess "delusion" was a poor choice of words. But the end result was something similar...I don't have my book with me...but wiki says some thing like
  1. preoccupation with unsubstantiated "conspiratorial" explanations of events both immediate to the patient and in the world at large.
And she was primarly suspicious of me, and those close to her...not just people in general...at least until she got to know them. Those that she feared abandonment from. So that fell in with that too. Anyway, it is a moot point now because what is done is done, and I am moving on. I have a really nice girlfriend now that is super sweet to me, not jealous whatsoever and I adore.

IF anyone has any questions for me though and my experiences and if it may help you, please feel free to ask me.
Shellsh0cked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Thorn Bird