Thread: Can't climax?
View Single Post
gundown

Member Since Oct 2013
Default Nov 05, 2013 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocClyde View Post
Why do you feel it would hurt her self-esteem if you tell her you are taking a SSRI?
I didn't think the fact I take an SSRI will hurt her self-esteem. I think the fact I can't climax will!

If a girl told me they simply couldn't climax I would think it had something to do with me even if It was for a medical reason.

I also don't want to tell her about my SSRI as it's a new relationship and I don't want to scary her with the big ball of crazy that it me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webgoji View Post
I had the exact problem and, as per your concern, my wife thought it was about her even though it was the SSRI. I tried about 5 different ones before settling on venlafaxine. It's an SSNRI and a rather nasty one, but I'll be on it my whole life and I can actually climax again.

My suggestion would be to consider looking into different medications. One SSRI can cause anorgasmia in you while another won't. The trick will be finding the right one.
I went to my doctor and explained the trouble I was having.
My meds were changed to a different AD which was not an SSRI. I can't remember what it was called.

Anyway, It worked. My anorgasmia was cured but It did nothing for me depression! Nothing at all, as I was going though a bit of a rough patch I asked my doctor to change me back to an SSRI.

My ADs aren't working great for me right now so I'm going to go to my doctor to explain all the problems im having in detail but until then I stuck with the SSRI.

Until that happens is there any thing I can do to treat the anorgasmia?
gundown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DocClyde