View Single Post
Yogurtz

Member Since Oct 2013
11 hugs
given
Unhappy Nov 07, 2013 at 07:21 PM

I'm worried that my GF will find me unattractive once we are more intimate with each other, and although I wouldn't describe myself as 'overweight', I am definitely out of shape . When I saw my doctor about this, he said after he weighed me and recorded my height that I am the “ideal” weight for my age, sex, and height, but I still don't think I look good without a shirt on .

However, I can't be sure if these are legitimate concerns I have, or if my bodily insecurities, which I had before my relationship, are showing themselves. Moreover, I know little about what women find attractive and what they want in a man, hence I have come to PC to seek answers about this.

What I am afraid of is that my GF won't find me attractive because I am too out of shape or unattractive when shirtless . She has seen me without my shirt on and hasn't indicated she finds me unattractive, but whenever I look in the mirror, I feel like, “Ugh, look at how ugly I am.”

What do women find attractive in their male partners? What is an acceptable appearance? What role does weight have in a relationship? Can personal attributes make up for physical attraction?

Thank you
Yogurtz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
growlycat, sonnenschein, sukothefox, Webgoji