Perpetually Pondering
Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2013 at 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Lace View Post
I think having an abussive parent is worse. Most people who grow up in abusive homes end up having serious issues caused by the abuse.
And you have years wondering what you did to deserve to be treated that way.

At least without that parent there you have the chance of having a good parent that and a chance of a happy childhood even if you wonder what it would be like to have th other parent there.
This question reminded me, that there are those, who are adopted in this world. Yes, there's that yearning there, the wondering, the what ifs. I am reminded of this, seeing my long lost cousin, over the weekend. She had a wonderful adoptive family, that cared for her, gave her wonderful opportunities in life. In reconnecting with all of us, her mom passed away, years before she found us, she does maintain that ability to see, what her extended family is like, and to just get glimpses through my grandmother and great-aunt, what her mother was like, as well....(her mother is my grandmothers younger sister).

On a flip angle, who is to say, what her life would have been like, had she not been given up for adoption. My grandmother's sister, was an alcoholic and died from complications from that.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
January