View Single Post
Needsmet
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2013
Default Nov 13, 2013 at 04:23 PM

You pose a very interesting question. I think coming out of the closet (AVpd) should probably be a personal journey that would depend on a few criteria and your own personal experiences.

For example, I would not recommend an Avoidant to admit something like this in a job setting. I dont think most bosses would look too favorable on telling them that you really dont like people.

Especially if your job is Customer Service.

Its might also not be a good thing to admit this in most social circles. I think it would depend on the level of the friendship.

Some spouses cant even handle such an admission. Much less a less safe friendship. But then again, some friends would be able to handle this.

I think admitting that you are an Avoidant would be something that would require lots of thought and prayer.

Even for me, this has been something that I have thought and prayed about for many many years.

I dont have any real friendships, so there is not much to worry about there. For me, I would tell them at some point. Not in the beginning, but eventually I would.

For me personally, I have come out of the closet with this. But it can be costly. Most people wont know how to deal with it. Luckily my wife has learned to deal with it very well, with a lot of help from God.

So to answer your question, I think that is a personal decision that you will have to make and may be different for others.
Needsmet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote