View Single Post
A Red Panda
Grand Magnate

Member Since May 2013
882 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2013 at 08:14 AM

Unfortunately, pretty much every job requires contact with at least one other person.

You could be a truck driver and drive across country with cargo. Don't really have to talk much aside from when you're loading up and dropping off.

You could give up money and go be a monk and take a vow of silence.

You could get a job as a park ranger or something like that where you would be out in the bush most of the time.

You could work as a librarian where you will need to help people find things, but it's typically a short and straightforward interaction.

You could work in an office. You'd be around a lot of people, but you'd be mostly working on a computer.

You could work in a factory - where again, you're around a lot of people but you're usually working on your task without much interaction at all.

You could work in the postal service where you would be mostly out delivering mail and only talk to people on the chance that you have to knock on the door to get a package signed.

There are quite a few jobs where you will have minimum interaction. But we could give you all sorts of ideas, but what it comes down to is you thinking about the things that you like doing (which you haven't shared with us) and then to find jobs that will involve those. You also need to consider the things that you want the least (human interaction - but what kinds of interaction cause you the MOST stress? Because if nothing else, you will always have a boss or something to have to speak to sometimes, or to work nearby others).

Like... for me.

Things I like: Science, Reading, being in control of my time, being able to have routine but also having the freedom to be creative. And I do like to be around people.

Things I don't like: being watched/criticized, working too often with the same people, being bored, repetition.

I decided to be a teacher. It gives me human interaction which I enjoy, but because it's almost completely with children, I know I'm not being scrutinzed or criticized. I'm not being evaluated. I can enjoy a variety of subjects and how I teach them and what we do about them is up to me, so I have that freedom. I also can create my own routine and that works well for me - I like to be in control of what I'm doing. I can talk with other adults, but they aren't watching me do my job so the interactions are up to me. So... even though I'm around loads of other people and I am always interacting with them... it's not the kind of interaction that causes me stress.

"I have a problem with low self-esteem. Which is really ridiculous when you consider how amazing I am.

A Red Panda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, HelpMe2013

Thanks for this!
Bill3, HelpMe2013